Be Seen. Be Heard.
Be Seen. Be Heard
A Bit About Me
- MFA in Acting at the University of North Carolina – Greensboro
- Certified Associate Teacher of Fitzmaurice Voicework
- Candidate for certification as a Somatic Movement Educator in Body-Mind Centering (BMC)
- Extensive training and practice with Knight-Thompson Speechwork
- Associate Professor of Voice, Movement, Accents at Texas State University – San Marcos, Department of Theatre and Dance (2002 – 2016)
- Member of Voice and Speech Trainers Association (VASTA) (2002 – Present)
- Secretary of VASTA for 3 years
- Life long learner who has continually trained since graduating from UNCG
- Passionate, fluid, intuitive, educated, specific, compassionate, a good listener, and a reliable guide
Outside of Austin
I am willing to travel! Bring me to you!
Book Austin Vocal Empowerment for a workshop or class.
Let me know your ideas are and let’s make it happen!
I can fine-tune a workshop or class to meet your population’s needs.
Here’s what a few people are saying about Austin Vocal Empowerment:
“I found depth and range to my voice I didn’t know were there.” Janet Farnesworth
“Training with Melissa has fundamentally transformed how I approach the voice as a professional and a person.” Kelly Parker
“Working with Melissa is empowering vocally. She is precise and scientific with the details of the voice.” David Moxham