Be Seen. Be Heard.
Be Seen. Be Heard.
A Bit About Me
- Twenty years experience, at the professional and university level, as a Voice Teacher
- Taught regionally, nationally, and internationally (Austin, Dallas, NYC, Chicago, Denver, Ashland, Mexico City, Peru (Sacred Valley)
- Member of Voice and Speech Trainers Association (VASTA) (2002 – Present)
- Secretary of VASTA for 3 years
- Certified Associate Teacher of Fitzmaurice Voicework
- Multiple certifications in Somatic Movement Education – Body-Mind Centering (BMC)
- Extensive training and practice with Knight-Thompson Speechwork
- Certified Yoga Teacher (200 hr), Meditation Teacher (300 hr), Sound Therapist, Reiki Master Teacher, Pranic Healing Practitioner
- Former Associate Professor of Voice, Movement, Accents at Texas State University – San Marcos, Department of Theatre and Dance (2002 – 2016)
- MFA in Acting at the University of North Carolina – Greensboro
- Life long learner who has continually trained in different modalities to better serve each clients individual needs
- Passionate, fluid, intuitive, educated, specific, compassionate, a good listener, and a reliable guide
Outside of Austin
I am willing to travel! Bring me to you!
Book Austin Vocal Empowerment for a workshop or class.
I’ve worked with different groups including teacher trainings (yoga, meditation), school programs, voice teachers, theatrical and film productions, wellness practitioners, therapists, professionals in the technological industry, classes on how to be more effective in video or online classes, and more.
I’d love to come work with your group. Contact me directly to begin to create the best workshop or class for your group!
Here’s what a few people are saying about Austin Vocal Empowerment:
“Working with Melissa is empowering vocally. She is precise and scientific with the details of the voice.”
“Training with Melissa has fundamentally transformed how I approach the voice as a professional and a person.”
“I found depth and range to my voice I didn’t know were there.”