Voice, Accent, Movement, Meditation, Sound Therapy - Voice Work for the Modern Age
Voice, Accent, Meditation, Sound Therapy, and Somatic Coaching
Embodying the Vocal Instrument
In-Person and Online Sessions, Classes, Courses, and Workshops!
Multiple options to work with your goals, schedule, and location.
Check out the new “online classes” tab under Events for ongoing study or distance learning.
Want to talk about your goals first? Have questions for me?
Schedule an initial consultation today under the “Book Now” tab.
A Bit About Me
- Over twenty years experience, at the professional and university level, as a Vocal Coach
- Nine years experience in Sound Therapy, Reiki, Pranic Healing, and Somatic Integration
- Has worked in Film/TV and theatre for more than two decades.
- Led workshops regionally, nationally, and internationally (Austin, Dallas, NYC, Chicago, Denver, Ashland, Mexico City, Peru (Sacred Valley)
- Certified Yoga Teacher (200 hr), Meditation Teacher (300 hr), Sound Therapist, Reiki Master Teacher, Pranic Healing Practitioner
- Multiple certifications in Somatic Movement Education – Body-Mind Centering (BMC)
- Member of Voice and Speech Trainers Association (VASTA) (2002 – Present)
- Secretary of VASTA for 3 years
- Certified Associate Teacher of Fitzmaurice Voicework
- Extensive training and practice with Knight-Thompson Speechwork
- Former Associate Professor of Voice, Movement, Accents at Texas State University – San Marcos, Department of Theatre and Dance (2002 – 2017)
- MFA in Acting at the University of North Carolina – Greensboro
- Life long learner who has continually trained in different modalities to better serve each client’s individual need
- Passionate, fluid, intuitive, educated, specific, compassionate, a good listener, and a reliable guide
Outside of Austin
I teach regionally, nationally, and internationally. Bring me to you! Or book me for a Zoom Workshop!
Book Austin Vocal Empowerment for remote, or live, sessions.
Let’s co-create the perfect workshop or class for you and/or your team. I’ve worked with different groups including teacher trainings (yoga, meditation), school programs, voice teachers, theatrical and film productions, wellness practitioners, therapists, business professionals.
Classes can cover a range of topics including: how to be more effective in video or online meetings, becoming a compelling speaker, teamwork in the workplace, how to engage students and co-workers, vocal health and self care, developing listening skills, and more.
I’d love to come work with your group. Contact me directly to begin to create the best workshop or class for your group!
Here’s what a few people are saying about Austin Vocal Empowerment:
“I found depth and range to my voice I didn’t know were there.”
“Training with Melissa has fundamentally transformed how I approach the voice as a professional and a person.”
“Working with Melissa is empowering vocally. She is precise and scientific with the details of the voice.”